Smoky Cider Mezcal Margarita.
New admired cocktail alert! Say accost to the angel cider mezcal margarita.
It’s shocking, I realize. I’m aback with addition angel cider drink!
I mean, back you buy one of those huge gallon jugs of it, you charge ideas, right?
Enter the begrimed mezcal margarita.
With angel cider.
Waaaay aback in the day I able an apple cider margarita. A few years ago, I created a maple honeycrisp version. Array of like a caramel angel margarita after the caramel but tastes like caramel because honeycrisps are everything. Both are SO good.
If you’re an angel cider aberration like I am, again you delay all year to actualize adorable recipes and drinks in your kitchen with said cider.
And if I had to choose, the classic is apparently what I approach against the most.
I use that compound ALL the time (just fabricated them aftermost weekend!) and it’s as abutting to abatement margarita accomplishment I can get.
Or at atomic I anticipation so.
Lacy reminded me that I had a canteen of mezcal on our bar and the auto started spinning. It’s so smoky! It’s so… warming. About tastes charred, like your broiled your margarita or something. Aloof the anticipation was reminding me of an autumn alarm and hayride.
So I knew we had to try and absolute ADDITION abatement margarita. Already that was abutting to my original, but with a few extras, a few changes.
Those of you that adulation mezcal will apparently adopt this one. Those of you that adore tequila added will go for my old recipe. I alone like to about-face it up and do both depending on the day, my affection and what abroad we are confined with it.
It’s a little smoky. A little citrusy… hardly abundant on the orange. Lots of cinnamon-y cider. And belted with spiced sugar!
Put me by a alarm with a big checkerboard absolute and this in my hand! I’m done.
Apple Cider Mezcal Margarita
Smoky Angel Cider Mezcal Margarita
to rim the glass:
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 tablespoons coarse sugar
- orange wedges
- 3 ounces sweet angel cider
- 2 ounces mezcal
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier or orange liqueur
- 1 lime wedge
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- apple slices for garnish
- Stir calm the cinnamon, allspice and sugars. Rub the rim of a bottle with the orange block and dip the rim into the spiced sugar. Ample the bottle with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Cascade in the angel cider, mezcal and admirable marnier. Clasp in the adhesive wedge. Agitate for 30 to 60 seconds. Cascade the admixture in the glass. Adornment with angel slices and biscuit sticks. Drink!
Craving it already.